Earnings season is in full swing, and the orders are hitting my personal options scanner left and right — come see for yourself at 3 p.m. ET TODAY, July 27!
I’ll break down orders in real time, and you should get a bunch of trade ideas — just remember that there is inherent risk in trading, so trade at your own risk!
Now for Thursday’s top options flow!
An important earnings season lesson came to the forefront again Thursday morning with Meta up 7% right after the open…
You might be thinking… “Wow, those calls must have blasted off!”
But you’d be wrong because it wasn’t up enough… The market makers’ implied move was at least a $23 move up or down. So with the stock only up about $20, out-of-the-money calls were probably way down.
The only really profitable calls were likely deep in the money, hence more expensive and hence more risky — because if you’re wrong, look out below!
Always, always, always pay attention to how much the market makers expect the stock to move when choosing your strike prices!
As for Thursday’s top flow, we’re seeing money move into Microsoft calls, DraftKings calls and puts, but the puts are likely a hedge, and some risky calls in China ADR stock KE Holdings.
All that and more in today’s video!
- 💰 Amazon calls bought ahead of earnings blessed off as the stock rose over 3%.
- 📉 The Nasdaq cooled off after an early rally, down about 100 points from premarket highs.
- Chinese ADR stocks like BEKE can have high volatility, with significant price fluctuations in a matter of minutes.
- 📅 Earnings reports for DraftKings, Intel and Skechers coming up!
Thursday’s Top Order Flow:
- Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT): July 28 $337 CALL.
- DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG): August $32 CALL.
- KE Holdings Inc. – ADR (NYSE: BEKE): August $17 CALL.
- And more!
Note: If no date is listed after the month, it’s the monthly expiration (third Friday).
Earnings season has been hot, hot, HOT, with big-ticker options orders hitting my personal options scanner all day long.
So at 3 p.m. ET TODAY, July 27, I’m holding a special live trading session — and everyone’s invited!
I’ll analyze orders hitting the scanner in real time, and there will no doubt be some scintillating earnings plays for us to ponder.
So if you want to see what the scanner’s all about, and get some free trade ideas…
*This is for informational and educational purposes only. There is inherent risk in trading, so trade at your own risk